Step 1: Set up Anaconda and Spyder
Go to the URL: https://docs.anaconda.com/anaconda/install/
Scroll down and select the operating system (Mac OS, Windows, Linux) you will be programming on. This should be in the section that mentions Installing on (operating system).
Follow the detailed steps on the website for completion
Make sure Spyder is up to date
Step 2: Getting Ready for Neural Networks
1. Go to Environments
2. Select Update Index in the upper right corner
3. Select the "Create Your Own" option and type in any name you would like for your environment. I suggest that you use Keras somewhere in this name. Make sure you select Python 3.6 as the package (Keras only supports python till 3.6).
4. Search up Keras with the not installed pre-requirement and select keras, keras-applications, keras-base, keras-preprocessing. Select Apply and Apply again in the new windows of all the packages that will be installed.
5. Repeat this for MatPlotLib and SciKit-Learn
6. Go back to Home and Install Spyder in the new enviorment
Note: Now whenever you are on the home page and programming a neural network, make sure the "Applications on ___" box in the top left is running the new enviorment
What is Anaconda?
Anaconda is an extremely popular platform and brings numerous tools in machine learning, plotting images, and data science in one platform.
What is Spyder
Spyder is an IDE, that comes with Anaconda, used for programming Python. For reference, an IDE is a software application that helps provide all tools necessary (such as a complier and interpreter) for software development.
What is Keras, Matplotlib, and Sci-Learn?
These are all libraries you can use to program for Neural Networks and images with Machine Learning. Specifically, Keras is a deep learning library, MatPlotLib is used for creating interactive visualizations in python, and Scikit-Learn is a library used for classification, regression, and clustering algorithms.